Report on the Cultivation and Manufactur

Kort om boken

Whilst the greatest effort has been made to ensure the quality of this text, due to the historical nature of this content, in some rare cases there may be minor issues with legibility. The nitrogenous matter in the above table is calculated from the…
129,-
Format/språk
Format
Forklaring av formater

    Om Report on the Cultivation and Manufactur

    Whilst the greatest effort has been made to ensure the quality of this text, due to the historical nature of this content, in some rare cases there may be minor issues with legibility. The nitrogenous matter in the above table is calculated from the percentage of nitrogen found in the samples, on the assumption that it is all of an albuminous character, though there are other forms of nitrogenous bodies present. The only other analysis of indigo plant which I have been able to find is one made by E. C. Schrottky, and which appears in a pamphlet on Indigo and Indigo Manufacture, published in 1879. The results, however, are quite at variance with those of my own. For example, Schrottky found the sun-dried plant to contain per cent. Of woody fibre. The highest result I obtained with leaves was per cent., whilst even the stems taken alone did not contain more than 47% per cent. The total amount of organic matters exclusive of woody fibre in Schrottky's analysis is only 76 per cent. The lowest result which I have obtained was 62 per cent. In leaves and 38 per cent. In stems. Regarding the mineral matter Schrottky found 100 parts of ash to contain as much as per cent. Silica. The highest amount of silica I found was per cent. In leaves. The stems contain much less silica than the leaves. The plant examined by Schrottky was grown near Calcutta; but, according to the analysis quoted, its composition was entirely. Different to that of any sample of indigo plant which I have examined.

    Kundevurderinger

    Totalvurdering: 

    Detaljer

    Format
    E-Bok
    Kopisperre
    Teknisk DRM
    Filformat
    PDF
    Utgivelsesår
    2019
    Forlag
    Forgotten Books
    Språk
    Engelsk
    ISBN
    9780259678434
    Emne
    Chemistry

    Anbefalt

    Anbefalt