History of Coggeshall, in Essex
Kort om boken
Om History of Coggeshall
Whilst the greatest effort has been made to ensure the quality of this text, due to the historical nature of this content, in some rare cases there may be minor issues with legibility. From inhabitants, in the united parishes, in the year 1861, the population has gradually decreased, the last census (1881) giving the number of inhabitants at of whom resided in Great Coggeshall and 363 in Little Coggeshall since 1881 these figures have been further considerably reduced. The number of houses in 1881 was in Great Coggeshall, 683, inhabited by 704 families or separate occupiers, and in Little Coggeshall 82 houses occupied by 85 families or separate occupiers. Great Coggeshall was from very early times in the Diocese of London, and so remained until the year 1845 when it was trans ferred to Rochester. It is now in the See of the Bishop of St. Albans, which was founded about 1877.