|Forlag||The O'Brien Press|
|Emne||Green lifestyle & self-sufficiency; Rural communities|
|Se flere detaljer|
Om Tales From the Home Farm
Turn the doom and gloom into a better, more enjoyable way of living.
Want to eat better, save money, work those muscles without the treadmill, know where your food comes from? This could be the new, recession-proof you! Five years ago Michael Kelly chucked in the corporate life to try his hand at ‘the good life’. It’s been the most rewarding thing he has ever done - and you could do it too. Make your back (or front) garden work for you; or maybe an allotment?
Based on his own, sometimes hilarious experiences, Michael shares what he’s learned, taking us through the year on his small home farm.< /p>
- What to grow and when. What’s worth it? What’s not?
- Hens and pigs - the ups and downs
- Cooking and storing your bounty
- The health benefits - physical and mental
- Linking up with others - food swapping and markets, and the return of the< em>meitheal