A new commentary for today''s world, The Story of God Bible Commentary explains and illuminates each passage of Scripture in light of the Bible''s grand story.
The first commentary series to do so, SGBC offers a clear and compelling exposition of biblical texts, guiding everyday readers in how to creatively and faithfully live out the Bible in their own contexts. Its story-centric approach is ideal for pastors, students, Sunday school teachers, and laypeople alike.
Each volume employs three main, easy-to-use sections designed to help readers live out God''s story:
- LISTEN to the Story: Includes complete NIV text with references to other texts at work in each passage, encouraging the reader to hear it within the Bible''s grand story.
- EXPLAIN the Story: Explores and illuminates each text as embedded in its canonical and historical setting.
- LIVE the Story: Reflects on how each text can be lived today and includes contemporary stories and illustrations to aid preachers, teachers, and students.
Mark''s Gospel is highly subversive and challenges disciples in ways that are unique from the other three accounts of Jesus'' ministry. His narrative addresses Christian audiences who know Jesus'' teaching and who have made a Christian confession but who are failing to grasp the character of the gospel as thoroughly shaped be the cross of Christ.
Edited by Scot McKnight and Tremper Longman III, and written by a number of top-notch theologians, The Story of God Bible Commentary series will bring relevant, balanced, and clear-minded theological insight to any biblical education or ministry.
- Gratis frakt på ordre over 299,-
- Bytt i alle våre butikker
- Klikk og hent