Explore how women have succeeded in higher education administration through the collective wisdom of diverse college and university leaders
As the percentage of women college and university presidents continues to increase, more and more women are considering academic administration as a viable career. Current and future leaders who aspire to rise to the top ranks of a college or university need a path to help them navigate the various issues they might encounter in today’s academic institutions.
Women in the Higher Education C-Suite: Diverse Executive Profiles explores the personal narratives of a diverse group of women CEOs and senior executives serving in two- and four-year public and private colleges and universities in the United States. Emphasizing real-world leadership, this book focuses on the remarkable women who continue to break barriers and inspire the next generation of leaders. Author Lisa Mednick Takami, Ed.D. draws from extended qualitative interviews with successful higher education CEOs and senior leaders to highlight their lived experiences, career trajectories, leadership lessons, and much more. Throughout the book, the leaders discuss common obstacles and offer recommendations to help you overcome them in your professional journey.
Those profiled include:
- Dr. Mildred García, President, American Association of State Colleges & Universities
- Dr. Linda Oubré, President, Whittier College
- Dr. Dena P. Maloney, Retired Superintendent/President, El Camino Community College District
- Dr. Katrice Albert, Vice President Office of Institutional Diversity, University of Kentucky
- Dr. Jane Conoley, President, California State University, Long Beach
- Dr. Sandra Boham, President, Salish Kootenai Community College
- Dr. Judy P. Sakaki, President Emeritus, Sonoma State University
- Dr. Becky Petitt, Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, University of California, San Diego
- Dr. Erika Endrijonas, Superintendent/President, Pasadena Community College District
- Dr. Javaune Adams-Gaston, Norfolk State University
- Dr. Joanne Li, Chancellor, University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Focuses on the real experiences and formative development of current women leaders
- Discusses topics such as work-life balance, career change, and professional legacy
- Addresses how women leaders navigated the COVID-19 pandemic and the Black Lives Matter and Me Too movements
Women in the Higher Education C-Suite:
Designed to provide inspiration and guidance for future women leaders, Women in the Higher Education C-Suite: Diverse Executive Profiles is a must-read for educators, researchers, administrators, pre-service teachers, students in leadership courses, and women executives from other fields interested in pursuing senior-level college and university administration positions.
- Gratis frakt på ordre over 299,-
- Bytt i alle våre butikker
- Klikk og hent