The prevention and control of infection in healthcare environments is now more important than ever. From simple hand washing to full PPE (personal protective equipment), hygiene maintenance has never been more at the forefront of people’s minds than during the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
This book is a practical guide to the prevention and control of healthcare and laboratory-associated infections.
Divided into twelve sections, the text begins with an introduction to the basic science of infection and the use of antimicrobial agents.
The following sections cover prevention and control of infection in different environments and situations including hospitals, laboratories, specific patient groups, and high risk and procedure areas. Different infection transmission methods are discussed in depth.
The book concludes with guidance on standards and sample protocols, and training techniques.
The comprehensive text is further enhanced by images and flow charts, and each chapter includes MCQs (multiple choice questions) to assist learning and revision.
- Comprehensive guide to prevention and control of infection in healthcare environments
- Covers different environments, patient groups and infection transmission methods
- Features images and flow charts to assist learning
- Each chapter concludes with MCQs on the topic
- Gratis frakt på ordre over 299,-
- Bytt i alle våre butikker
- Klikk og hent