Now in a fully revised and updated second edition, this textbook offers a complete introduction to consumer behaviour in sport and recreation. Combining theory and cutting-edge research with practical guidance and advice, it helps students and industry professionals become more effective practitioners.
Written by three of the world’s leading sports marketing academics, the book covers all the key topics in consumer behaviour, including:
• user experience and service design
• segmenting consumer markets, building profiles, and branding
• decision-making and psychological consequences
• consumer motivation, constraints, and personalities
• service quality and customer satisfaction
• sociocultural and technological advancements influencing consumption
This updated edition includes expanded coverage of key emerging topics such as technology (from streaming apps to wearables), e-sports and gamification, consumer research, brand architecture, consumer decision making, and fan attitudes. Including international examples throughout, it helps the reader to understand customer motivation and how that drives consumption and how design-relevant factors influence user experiences and can be used to develop more effective marketing solutions.
This book is an invaluable resource for anyone involved in the sport, recreation, and events industries, from students and academics to professional managers.
An accompanying eResource provides quizzes exclusively for instructors to assist student learning.
- Bytt i alle våre butikker
- Klikk og hent