An Introduction to Narratology is an accessible, practical guide to narratological theory and terminology and its application to literature.
In this book, Monika Fludernik outlines:
- the key concepts of style, metaphor and metonymy, and the history of narrative forms
- narratological approaches to interpretation and the linguistic aspects of texts, including new cognitive developments in the field
- how students can use narratological theory to work with texts, incorporating detailed practical examples
- a glossary of useful narrative terms, and suggestions for further reading.
This textbook offers a comprehensive overview of the key aspects of narratology by a leading practitioner in the field. It demystifies the subject in a way that is accessible to beginners, but also reflects recent theoretical developments and narratology’s increasing popularity as a critical tool.
- Bytt i alle våre butikker
- Klikk og hent