Compassion and caring are at the very heart of nursing – possibly that’s why you were attracted to the nursing profession in the first place. But what does compassionate caring really mean in nursing practice?
Compassion, Caring and Communication: Skills for Nursing Practice is a practical book that guides you through the complex dimensions of caring. It considers the ways in which you connect with patients, families and co-workers, and the long-lasting impact of emotions and feelings. Using real-life narratives, case studies and reflection activities, the authors demonstrate how you can develop and maintain the empathy and communication skills you need to create effective, compassionate and caring partnerships.
New to the second edition:
- Comprehensively updated throughout to reflect and highlight current professional pressures and public concerns around nursing practice.
- Includes a broader range of relevant case studies, discussions and scenarios to engage students and qualified nurses at all levels.
- Contains new content about the impacts of recent government reports and policies on nursing care, developing an awareness of contemporary issues and debates.
- The BOND caring framework has been revised and updated alongside new ‘caring indicators’, to support the development of compassionate caring skills.
- All references have been updated using the latest sources and evidence-based studies.
- Gratis frakt på ordre over 299,-
- Bytt i alle våre butikker
- Klikk og hent