This text offers innovative, multi-disciplinary perspectives on the subject of play in a range of environments: the classroom, playground, home, and local community. Chapters include observation notes, case studies and comprehensive illustrations of ideas in action, as well as encouragement for the reader to stop and reflect on their own practice with questions for consideration.
Extensively revised and with new contributions, this third edition explores the theory and clearly demonstrates how to take the theory from the academic classroom and apply it to practice in a child''s setting. New features include:
- an up-to-date exploration of the latest policy developments and research, including Ofsted''s 2015 Early Years Report and the 2017 EYFS Statutory Framework
- an exploration of globalisation and technology, and critical analysis of children’s leisure time, screen interaction and virtual experiences
- international perspectives on play and the connections between play and mental health
- brand new practical examples woven throughout, accompanied by additional full-colour photos
Perspectives on Play is an invaluable resource for any student studying within childhood studies, playwork programmes or training to teach at early years or primary level. It is also ideal for early years, primary and play practitioners.
- Bytt i alle våre butikker
- Klikk og hent