Conquer SQL Server 2022 and Azure SQL administration from the inside out!
Dive into SQL Server 2022 administration and grow your Microsoft SQL Server data platform skillset. This well-organized reference packs in timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds, all you need to plan, implement, deploy, provision, manage, and secure SQL Server 2022 in any environment: on-premises, cloud, or hybrid, including detailed, dedicated chapters on Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance. Nine experts thoroughly tour DBA capabilities available in the SQL Server 2022 Database Engine, SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Management Studio, PowerShell, and much more. You''ll find extensive new coverage of Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance, both as a cloud platform of SQL Server and in their new integrations with SQL Server 2022, information available in no other book. Discover how experts tackle today''s essential tasks and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Identify low-hanging fruit and practical, easy wins for improving SQL Server administration
- Get started with modern SQL Server tools, including SQL Server Management Studio, and Azure Data Studio
- Upgrade your SQL Server administration skillset to new features of SQL Server 2022, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance, and SQL Server on Linux
- Design and implement modern on-premises database infrastructure, including Kubernetes
- Leverage data virtualization of third-party or non-relational data sources
- Monitor SQL instances for corruption, index activity, fragmentation, and extended events
- Automate maintenance plans, database mail, jobs, alerts, proxies, and event forwarding
- Protect data through encryption, privacy, and auditing
- Provision, manage, scale and secure, and bidirectionally synchronize Microsoft''s powerful Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Understand and enable new Intelligent Query Processing features to increase query concurrency
- Prepare a best-practice runbook for disaster recovery
- Use SQL Server 2022 features to span infrastructure across hybrid environments
- Bytt i alle våre butikker
- Klikk og hent