This innovative new textbook firmly roots management accounting in management, placing the emphasis on the management accountant as a key member of the management team and the strategic business decision making process. Unique case studies and examples of worldwide practices illustrate how concepts and techniques are applied in real-world business situations.
It explores how management accounting techniques are adapted and modified to support specific industries from energy to media sectors and covers topical issues such as:
- Environmental accounting
- Environmental auditing and ISO14001/EMAS
- The balanced scorecard
- Kaizen costing
- Target costing
- Social responsibility
- Integrates the most up-to-date and relevant research with a broad approach to management accounting.
- Presents compelling examples of ‘real’ organisations, exploring the interactions of management accounting in practice.
- Extends knowledge of management accounting concepts and techniques to how they can be used for strategic decision making and management control.
- Uses Excel to develop and apply solutions methods.
- Examines how management accounting techniques are adapted and modified to support specific industries from energy to media sectors.
- Covers topical issues such as activity-based budgeting, the balanced scorecard, target costing, capacity planning, quality management, Six Sigma and performance measurement.
- Fully compliant with developments within the professional bodies such as CIMA and ACCA.
- Offers end-of chapter exercises to extend your critical thinking and applications of key concepts.
- Provides short case studies, so you can practise manipulating and analysing data.
This is the ideal textbook for students studying management accounting at advanced undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Gratis frakt på ordre over 299,-
- Bytt i alle våre butikker
- Klikk og hent